Renée Pelletier discusses her journey into homesteading and sustainable living, as well as her work as a holistic medicine practitioner.
- 🌱 Renée transitioned from city living to homesteading on the west coast of BC, focusing on growing her own garden and raising animals for sustainability.
- 🐓 She rescues and raises chickens, ducks, and guinea fowl on her property, emphasizing the importance of living in harmony with nature.
- 💧 Recommends using a quality water filtration system for clean drinking water, especially in urban areas with questionable water quality.
- 🧘♀️ Emphasizes the benefits of meditation for grounding and connecting with oneself, suggesting its use as a daily practice for mental and emotional well-being.
- 🌟 Offers holistic medicine services through her website Medicine Woman in.ca, providing guidance for individuals seeking natural and alternative health solutions.
Homesteading and Connecting with Nature
- 🏞️ Renee, a trained holistic medicine practitioner, moved from the city to a remote area on the west coast of BC to escape the toxicity and live a more sustainable lifestyle.
- 🌱 Renée Pelletier shares her journey and challenges as a first-time homesteader, inspiring others to connect with nature and live off the land.
- 🏞️ Embracing the challenges of homesteading in the wilderness, including dealing with predators and weather, can lead to creative solutions and self-sufficiency.
- 📚 The “three-day effect” experiment showed the positive impact of spending time in nature on people living in the city.
- 🌿 Connecting with nature and taking care of plants and animals can have a positive impact on mental health and well-being.
- 🌿 Connecting with nature and disconnecting from electronics can help us better flow through life and improve our mental and heart space.
- 🌱 Building a community of like-minded people in times of uncertainty can provide a sense of security and support.
- 🌿 Embracing a homesteading lifestyle keeps you busy and engaged with nature, preventing the urge to mindlessly consume technology.
- 🌱 Taking time to grow a plant and be still is essential for our well-being.
Impact of Technology on Mental Health and Well-being
- 📴 Disconnecting from electronics and Wi-Fi can lead to a transformative experience and a sense of inner peace.
- 📡 The difference in Wi-Fi and radiation levels between city and rural areas can have a significant impact on sleep quality.
- 📵 Taking time for ourselves before looking at technology in the morning can be really good for mental health and the insides of our body.
👉 Renée’s links:
👉 The Healing Market: